Programs > Brochure
API Jagiellionian University
Krakow, Poland (Outgoing Program)
|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Restrictions:||SMC-CA applicants only|
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
Glossary entry for program parameter 10425Minimum GPA:
Glossary entry for program parameter 10424Eligible Class Standing:
|2 Sophomore, 3 Junior, 4 Senior|
|Language of Instruction:||English, Polish||
Glossary entry for program parameter 10431Study Abroad Program Type:
|Lasallian International Programs Consortium|
Glossary entry for program parameter 10430Housing:
|Apartment (Single)||Field of Study:||English, Global Regional Studies, History, Polish, Politics|
“To travel is to discover that everyone is wrong about other countries.” – Aldous Huxley
Photo Credits: DzidekLasek pixabay
- Spend a semester studying and living in Krakow, Poland which is one of the cities included in UNESCO's World Heritage Sites!
- This program allows students to take courses in English from its Interdisciplinary Program in Humanities and Social Sciences
- Students can explore Krakow by foot or using the tram system
AcademicsAPI Krakow offered courses
SMC Krakow pre-approved courses (coming soon....)
- At least sophomore year standing (junior for some programs), SMC, Exchange & Lasallian programs meet senior residence requirements;
- An average of a 2.8 minimum cumulative AND major GPA;
- Confirmation of a clear record of disciplinary conduct with Residence Life
- Click on the "Apply Now" button on top right hand of this page to begin the process
- Deadlines: March 1st for Academic Year/Fall Semester start programs and October 1st for Spring Semester start programs
- Selection results will be announced early April for Academic Year/Fall Semester start programs and early November for Spring Semester start programs
- Study abroad deposit ($600) will be due upon acceptance
2018-2019 Semester Fees*Tuition & Fees include tuition and medical insurance
|Tuition and Fees||$23,565|
|Room (Board NOT included)||$5,320|
|Travel (Estimated International Flight)||$1,500|
|Personal Expenses (Estimated)||$1,100|
|Study Abroad Deposit (due one month after acceptance)||$600|
|Study Abroad Fee||$30|
*NOTE: Tuition does not include excursion/lab/material fees associated with courses taken. Students are charged additional related course fees directly.
For Scholarship Resources please click HERE.
Photo Credits: GoAbroad101
This Lasallian International Program is offered through Lewis University in coordination with Academic Programs International (API). This unique program allows students to study at Jagiellonian University one of the most prestigious universities in Poland, studying Polish language, and taking courses in English from its Interdisciplinary Program in Humanities and Social Sciences. The curriculum of the IPHSS program is designed to encourage an exchange of ideas and experience. The program focuses on the most significant issues of modern philosophy, anthropology, history, literary theories, art history and psychology. The main emphasis is placed on the modern and interdisciplinary character of 20th century cultural phenomena.
HousingYou will live in student apartments, which are located within the historical center of the city, generally 25-30 minutes walking distance or 15-20 minutes by tram to Jagiellonian University. Each apartment will typically have 2-3 single or double bedrooms, a shared bathroom, and a living area. Each unit is furnished, includes its own kitchen, and has a washing machine. Meals are not included in the program charge. For more information click HERE.
LanguageNo previous knowledge of Polish is required to participate in the program. Students will take one Polish language course. For the remaining credits, students can choose from a variety of courses offered in English by the university.