Photo Credits: deslandes_nadine pixabay
- Live and study in the historic, harbor city of Galway, Ireland
- Get involved in countless clubs and activities
- Immerse yourself in Irish cultural experiences
Because of its size, NUIG offers a vast catalog of courses for study abroad students. To browse through courses that have been offered in the past, please click on the course catalogs listed below:
NUIG Pre-Approved Courses List
To access the NUIG Course Catalog click HERE
1) Select the Classes
2) Select the link for the Visiting Student Handbooks
for fall (semester 1) or spring (semester 2).
3) Locate the desired Department
in the Handbook.
4) Under the Department
heading, locate the Website
- every Department has a different website
5) Use this Website
to access Course Descriptions.
- At least sophomore year standing (junior for some programs), SMC, Exchange & Lasallian programs meet senior residence requirements;
- Transfer students: Must complete 2 consecutive semesters at a four-year institution;
- An average of a 3.0 minimum cumulative AND major GPA;
- Confirmation of a clear record of disciplinary conduct with Residence Life
- Click on the "Apply Now" button on top right hand of this page to begin the process
- Deadlines: March 1st for Academic Year/Fall Semester start programs and October 1st for Spring Semester start programs
- Selection results will be announced early April for Academic Year/Fall Semester start programs and early November for Spring Semester start programs
- Study abroad deposit ($600) will be due upon acceptance
2018-2019 Semester Fees
*Tuition & Fees include tuition and medical insurance
|Tuition and Fees
|Room (Board NOT included)
|Travel (Estimated International Flight)
|Personal Expenses (Estimated)
|Study Abroad Deposit (due one month after acceptance)
|Study Abroad Fee
*NOTE: Tuition does not include excursion/lab/material fees associated with courses taken. Students are charged additional related course fees directly.
For Scholarship Resources please click HERE.
Photo Credits: National University of Ireland - Galway
This Lasallian International Program is offered through La Salle University.
Situated on 260 acres, National University of Ireland, Galway (NUIG)
has the look and feel of a historic European university with modern touches tastefully incorporated within it. NUIG is located on the banks of the River Corrib, close to the City of Galway. The largest and most important city in the west of Ireland for nearly 1,000 years, Galway has a population of 65,000. A cosmopolitan city with a thriving cultural and commercial community, Galway has earned its title, "Cultural Capital of Ireland," because of its dynamic theater, arts, and culture scene. Students seeking an experience in a quintessential European university town need to look no further than NUIG.
Like many European universities, NUIG does not provide housing directly on-campus. This gives students an opportunity to live among Irish students during their semester abroad. Students will be living in Corrib Village, NUI Galway's campus accommodation. The complex is beautifully nestled on the banks of the River Corrib and located only minutes from the vibrant and cultural Galway city, making it the perfect option if you are looking for comfort and affordability in an ideal location.
NUI Galway campus accommodation is part of the Campus Living group, which brings together state-of-the-art campus facilities and commercial services at the National University of Ireland Galway.
For more information: http://www.campusaccommodation.ie/students/?