|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Restrictions:||SMC-CA applicants only|
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Minimum GPA:||2.8||Eligible Class Standing:||2 Sophomore, 3 Junior, 4 Senior|
|Language of Instruction:||English, Spanish||Study Abroad Program Type:||Lasallian International Programs Consortium|
|Housing:||Homestay||Field of Study:||Communication, Economics, Environmental Studies, Global Regional Studies, Health Science, History, Politics, Sociology, Spanish, Studio Art|
“The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes but in having new eyes.” – Marcel Proust
Photo Credits: TripAdvisor
- Spend a semester/year studying in the beautiful country of Costa Rica
- You can take both Spanish language courses and courses taught in English
- Enjoy an immersive experience living in a Costa Rican (Tico) home with a local family
- At least sophomore year standing (junior for some programs), SMC, Exchange & Lasallian programs meet senior residence requirements;
- An average of a 2.8 minimum cumulative AND major GPA;
- Confirmation of a clear record of disciplinary conduct with Residence Life
- Click on the "Apply Now" button on top right hand of this page to begin the process
- Deadlines: March 1st for Academic Year/Fall Semester start programs and October 1st for Spring Semester start programs
- Selection results will be announced early April for Academic Year/Fall Semester start programs and early November for Spring Semester start programs
- Study abroad deposit ($600) will be due upon acceptance
2017-2018 Semester Fee
*Tuition & Fees include tuition and medical insurance
|Tuition and Fees||$22,768|
|Room (Board Included)||$7,532|
|Travel (Estimated International Flight)||$1,500|
|Personal Expenses (Estimated)||$1,100|
|Study Abroad Deposit (due one month after acceptance)||$600|
|Study Abroad Fee||$28|
*NOTE: Tuition does not include excursion/lab/material fees associated with courses taken. Students are charged additional related course fees directly.
For Scholarship Resources please click HERE.
Photo Credits: Veritas UniversityStudy at Veritas University through International Studies Abroad (ISA). The Collegium Veritas, created in 1976, was one of the four founding schools of the first private university in Costa Rica. The University is committed to offering the best in academics while also responding to the practical demands of its students and society. The University is renowned in Costa Rica for its design, art, architecture and photography programs. In addition, the University welcomes international students to study Spanish at its International Programs Department (DPI). There is an enrollment of approximately 1,500 Costa Rican students and about 150 international students during any given semester. All students enjoy access to the university library, computer labs, and study areas.
HousingISA San Jose homestays allow students to experience aspects of Costa Rican or "tico" lifestyle that are inaccessible to the average visitor. Students have the opportunity for complete cultural immersion by staying with locals and experiencing the Costa Rican way of life. In the homestay, one will have their own bedroom, although there may be another ISA student living in the same homestay. Every family has been carefully selected by ISA's resident staff in order to ensure a comfortable, enjoyable and immersive living situation. Homestays include breakfast and dinner every day (except for excursion days) and laundry service once a week.
For students interested in gaining Spanish skills prior to studying abroad, please consider taking Spanish classes at SMC. For more information, please click HERE.
Requirements: 2.8 GPA and equivalent of 4 semesters of Spanish
Requirements: 2.8 GPA and must be studying for a health profession i.e. pre-med, nursing, pharmacy or biology.
Pre-Approved Course List - Veritas University