|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Minimum GPA:||2.8||Eligible Class Standing:||2 Sophomore, 3 Junior, 4 Senior|
|Language of Instruction:||Chinese, English||Study Abroad Program Type:||Saint Mary's Program|
|Housing:||Apartment (Double)||Field of Study:||Business Administration, Chinese, Economics, Global Regional Studies, History|
Live in Shanghai, a multi-cultural metropolis with modern and traditional Chinese features.
Photo Credits: wu-gongzi pixabay
- Have the option to do an internship in a country whose economy is booming in conjunction with your academic studies for an incredible resume builder
- Study at Fudan University, ranked as one of the top 3 universities in China
- Live with Chinese students in off-campus apartments for a more integrated experience
- Hike a remote portion of the Great Wall of China and learn Tai Chi as part of your orientation held in Beijing
AcademicsFudan Courses Offered
-To learn more about courses students have received approval for, please click the following link:
Fudan University pre-approved courses
- At least sophomore year standing (junior for some programs), SMC, Exchange & Lasallian programs meet senior residence requirements;
- An average of a 2.8 minimum cumulative AND major GPA;
- Confirmation of a clear record of disciplinary conduct with Residence Life
- Click on the "Apply Now" button on top right hand of this page to begin the process
- Deadlines: March 1st for Summer/Academic Year/Fall Semester start programs and October 1st for Spring Semester start programs
- Selection results will be announced early April for Summer/Academic Year/Fall Semester start programs and early November for Spring Semester start programs
- SMC Study Abroad Deposit ($600) and TEAN Security/Housing Deposit ($300) will be due upon acceptance
2017-2018 Semester Fees
*Tuition & Fees include tuition and medical insurance
|Tuition & Fees||$22,768|
|Room (Board NOT included)||$4,790|
|Travel (Estimated International Flight)||$1,500|
|Personal Expenses (Estimated)||$1,100|
|SMC Study Abroad Deposit (due one month after acceptance)||$600|
|TEAN Security/Housing Deposit (due one month after acceptance to program)||$500|
|Study Abroad Fee||$28|
*NOTE: Tuition does not include excursion/lab/material fees associated with courses taken. Students are charged additional related course fees directly.
For Scholarship Resources please click HERE.
**NOTE: 2018/2019 Fees will not be updated until early February 2018
Photo Credits: Fudan University
Study at Fudan University through The Education Abroad Network (TEAN). Founded in 1905, Fudan University is ranked as one of the top three universities in China and is the number one university in Shanghai. The campus combines modern China with the traditions and customs of the university’s rich 100-year history. Modern towers complement beautiful Chinese gardens and provide a stimulating and contemplative environment for learning. Located in the Yangpu District, north of Shanghai’s city center, the university is serviced by the city’s extensive subway system with a train station is just a short walk from campus.
Students typically live in prearranged Western-style, off-campus apartments located within walking distance of the university. Students have the opportunity to experience integrated housing with local Chinese students also living in the apartments with TEAN students. The Chinese suitemates are all Fudan University students and are on hand to assist program participants in assimilating into a new culture. Wondering where to grab the best cup of coffee? Odds are, your roommate will not only tell you where, but will take you and introduce you to new friends.
Fully furnished and including wireless Internet, the apartments are ready for you to move into as soon as you begin your semester. The city of Shanghai becomes even more accessible with university students there to help provide local insight and informal language practice. Our language pledge means only Mandarin is spoken in your house on certain days of the week creating another fun way to improve the language skills of you and your roommates.
Alternatively, TEAN can arrange for students to live in Fudan University’s on-campus housing option, which is a dorm for international students.